Sunday, January 5, 2014

Making Mandu (만두)

On Friday night Jihyeon and I were invited over to Hana's place to make mandu (만두). Mandu is a Korean style dumpling that can be filled with a rang of ingredients including Kimchi, potato noodles, tofu, minced meat, spring onion, garlic and ginger. 

As is often the case in Korea there was almost no room in the kitchen, so the girls set about preparing the stuffing ingredients on the kitchen floor. 


Once the stuffing was made, it was all hands on deck to fill the pastry with the stuffing.


Look at me. I'm making mandu ^^.



Jeff in the kitchen, smiling because there was no more mandu to make. 


I think we made 5 or 6 trays of mandu. Job well done^^.


Then, it was time to cook. 


I didn't get any photos of the finished product. I was too busy stuffing my face with this delicious cuisine. I didn't count how many I ate, but I think I would have easily eaten at least 20 of them. Yum. Stuffed with mandu and exhausted from a week of English camp I waddled off home with Jihyeon. All up it was a great evening. Thanks again for the invite and hosting Hana ^^.

No comments:

Post a Comment